CarryOn is an online service that provides for the purchase of travel products including hotels, resorts, airline tickets, cruises, rental cars, vacations, travel packages, and more.
We appreciate that the service we provide requires a great deal of trust on the part of our customers. Because of that, we make it our number one priority to maintain the security and confidentiality of all personal information our customers provide. Before submitting any personal information to our Web site, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting the CarryOn Web site, www.CarryOn.com, you are accepting the practices described herein.
The information we collect from you
We receive and store all information you enter on our Web site or give us in any way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, user name and password. In setting up and maintaining your account, we will request information about your travel plans, style, and preferences, which may include meal requests, seat selection, frequent flyer/frequent hotel guest/frequent rental car rental program information, preferred flight class, luggage, and ticketing options. You may opt not to provide this information to us, but by giving us this information you will most likely find your travel booking experience and the actual travel itself simpler and more enjoyable. It also allows you to participate more fully in CarryOn. Only full members can post comments, share trips, receive personal e-mails and earn valuable points for their activity. Note that some information is required to book a trip however it is not necessary to set up an account with a username and password in order to purchase a trip on CarryOn.com. It is necessary to create an account in order to enjoy easy retrieval of travel information, stored personal preferences, or secure personal travel information.
Providing US with Information About Others
You will have the opportunity to provide contact information for other people, specifically names and email addresses through our Web site (for example, when you invite a friend to join CarryOn). You should secure permission from other individuals prior to providing CarryOn with their personal information.
Information from Third Parties.
CarryOn also may occasionally obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For example, if you visit CarryOn by “clicking-through” from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us, such as contact information and demographic information. As another example, if you access third party services, such as social media services, through our Web site or before coming to our Website, we may collect information, with your granted permission, such as your user name, password, and other information made available to us through those services in order to improve and personalize your use of our Web site.
Please note that, if you have Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Google+, or FourSquare friends who are using CarryOn, they may also have shared information about you with us through one of these social networks. If you wish to prevent that sharing, you can do so by editing your Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Google+, or FourSquare privacy settings.
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit CarryOn including example, session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring Web site. We also routinely collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. By doing so Trip Easy is better able to gauge your interests and customize your CarryOn experience.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
- Recognizes your browser as a previous visitor, saves and remembers any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our site. Information like member IDs, passwords, and any other account-related data included in such cookies are encrypted for security purposes.
- To help us customize the content, website experience, and advertising you see when you visit CarryOn When you access a site page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to display information and advertising based on your interests. Allows us to measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and e-mail communications. Our sites also may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party Web site, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
Display of Advertising/Your Options
Collection of your data and how it is used to serve relevant advertising
CarryOn provides our users with relevant content and information based on the information we collect about your travel-related searches on our site and other sites. We never share your personal information including email address with thirdparties. You may opt out of receiving relevant online advertising on other Web sites, based on your CarryOn.com searches by clicking here.
Some of the advertisements you see on CarryOn.com are served by CarryOn.com or its service providers. We also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. This includes business partners and advertising networks, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their ads that appears on our sites.
How CarryOn uses your information
Who we share your information with
Who we share your information with
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online products or services. Third-party vendors are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. We do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring Web sites. If you were referred to CarryOn from another Web site, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and travel preferences, about you with that referring Web site. We have not placed limitations on the referring Web sites’ use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any Web site that referred you to CarryOn.
- Social Media Services. You can choose to access certain third party social media Web sites and services through our site (such as Facebook). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media web sites.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. We reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of CarryOn, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
If you choose to create a profile on CarryOn, certain information in your profile will be publicly viewable and identifiable via your screen name. You will have the ability to view your profile as members of the public will see it. Additionally, if you choose to participate in our member-to-member, personal travel network communications programs, other CarryOn members may contact you by using CarryOn as an intermediary; however, CarryOn will not share your email address with any other members nor display it any public manner. All CarryOn members have the option to turn off the member-to-member communication features at any time.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. This information will not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services to benefit our members.
How you can access your information
You can access, update or delete your contact information by visiting the Member Profile page on the CarryOn Web site. You can close your CarryOn account by contacting us at the email address listed below. We will send you an e-mail to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account it will be permanently closed however you can open a new account. We will retain certain information associated with your original account in our archives, for analytical purposes and recordkeeping purposes. New accounts that are associated with deleted user accounts may be restricted from transferring previously accrued CarryOn Rewards points from the deleted account to the new account.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with any information, however by doing so you may not be able to access all the features offered on CarryOn including CarryOn Rewards points.
- You can update or add information or close your account
- As a registered CarryOn member, you can modify or cancel your e-mail subscription choices at any time on the (My Profile) Subscriptions page. CarryOn.com wants to keep you advised of travel-related opportunities on our Web site via emails. You may opt out of these emails at any time.
How we protect your information
Our success is dependent on your confidence in our ability to protect your information we collected While no Web site can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
CarryOn does not offer services to children. If we identify a user to be a child under age 18 and that child sent personal information to CarryOn, we will destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Visiting our Web sites from outside the United States
If you are accessing CarryOn.com from outside the United States, note that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers and central data base are operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that CarryOn does take steps pursuant to laws in the United States to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Your California privacy rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at Customer Service.
Please contact us at:
5201 Blue Lagoon Dr Suite 926
Miami, FL 33126
© 2018 CarryOn LLC. All rights reserved.